Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Ness City to Scott City

Another day on the road with Maggie and Dave. They are pretty good travel partners, I have to say. Last night we shared a room at the "Derrick Inn" motel. When I saw the name in print I figured Derrick was some guy's name, but the photo shows otherwise.

This morning was really misty, and the sunrise was really gradual getting through all the clouds and fog. There were a bunch of oil well pump jacks visible through the mist. They looked pretty cool, slowly cycling away in the cool morning, making little animal-like creaks and groans as they turned.

This was an awesome vehicle, I thought. Gave me some great ideas for another KSR vehicle. I bet I could ride my bike underneath it. I didn't think to ask the guy to stop at the time, I'll have to wait for the next one I see (if any). I'd love to get a movie of one of those driving over me while I'm cycling too. Heh.

This afternoon we arrived in Scott City after 65 miles of riding, and found the local grocery store, city park, hostel, and library. I'm at the library even now using their wireless network. Hot wireless action is everywhere. Jeez, it's like we're in the 21st century or something.

I'm really enjoying travelling with other people. Makes me wonder if I was terribly lonely before. I guess not, really. But I do recall often thinking how great it would be to get back home to California. I haven't been thinking those thoughts as much since I hooked up with Dave and Maggie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home